Thursday, May 10, 2007

R.E.M. sleep

I’ve always been a morning person. But since I moved down under I’ve REALLY become a morning person. I’m usually in bed and asleep by about 10:30. On weekdays I’m up at 6:30 and weekends by about 7:30. The funny thing about my weekends is that I always get up at about 5:30 to use the washroom and have a drink of water. I sleep until my alarm goes off at 6:30, turn it off and go back to bed for another hour or so. During this last hour of sleep, I have some of the most vivid dreams ever. Here’s a little sampling of my dreams from the past week or so.

1. I am an accomplice to a bank robbery. I’m the guy that sits in the car with the engine running. The kicker is that our get-away car is a Porsche 911 carrera. Convertible. I wait. I wait for my partner to stroll out of the bank with a pillowcase full of money. She hops in and we speed off. But there is no hurry. There is no panic. I slide seamlessly through the gears and before you can even hear the police sirens, we’re off into the sunset. The steering wheel is on the left-hand side. So I guess I must be robbing the banks back home. ;-)

2. this time, I’m on the other side of the law. I’m some FBI or CIA agent that’s running after a bad guy. I fire my weapon in public as if it’s no big deal. We run up and down subway tunnels, run through busy intersections and up and over fences as if the whole world is just an obstacle course. I finally chase him down and corner him. But just at the most critical moment, *CLICK* I run out of bullets. :-(

3. I’m sitting at home studying with my door open. A woman comes by with two children in tow. She asks me to write a doctor’s note for her two teenage daughters that have each missed a test because they were away on a family vacation. I try to be as polite as possible. But this woman just doesn’t seem to get it. I try to explain to her that a) it would be highly unethical for me to write her daughters a note for a sickness that they never had and b) I’m a lowly first-year medical student and my signature means squat! :-p

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what these dreams mean?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

첫번째 꿈같은 은행강도라면 참 재미있겠다. 자신은 Porsche convertible 타고 밖에서 도망갈 준비하고 연약한 여자친구는 무거운 돈다발 위험 무릎쓰고 힘들게 뺏아 들고 오는 역활이라면. 아무튼 네 꿈은 곧 큰돈을 많이 갖을 좋은 꿈 같다. 다만 현재 생활에 좀더 열심히 하다보면...
두번째 꿈은 조금 더 키가 커질때 꾸는 꿈인데 더 키가 커질 모양이다. 지하철 계단등을 가볍게 뛰고, 나르고...
세번째 꿈은 너를 필요로하는 사람에게 많은 도움을 주고 싶은데 아직 너에게는 그럴 힘이 없어 아쉬워하는 마음에서 생긴 꿈이라고나 할까... 너희 착한 마음을 엿볼수 있는 좋은 꿈이다.

아무튼 꿈은 꿈이다. 그저 모든것이 좋은것이겠지라고 생각하면 모든것이 좋게 이루어진다. 아무튼 재미있고 좋은 꿈 많이 많이 꿔라.

Anonymous said...

al, your mom is really cute :)
(if the person who's writing in Korean is her)

Jee

44darts said...

that's actually my dad.
:p