Tuesday, April 17, 2007

day 5.

Got up bright and early and caught a shuttle bus to the airport.
Flight was at 7am so I got there by 6am. And what do you know, there was a flight at 6:30am with some empty seats. I caught that instead and saved myself an extra 30 minutes of bumming around the terminal.

I really enjoyed Sydney.
It’s a mix of Boston (the harbour), New York City (Central park), a little bit of Montreal (St. Catherine’s Street) and something else. Something that I just can’t seem to place my finger on. But I like it!

So what do I have to show for my 5 day trip in Sydney?
Well…
I’m home with a full stomach of food and have satisfied my cravings for Korean.
I’ve had barrels of laughs.
Made tons of memories.
Made some good friends and strengthened my relationship with others.
Have more pictures than I could possibly print out. At last count it was around 420.
Besides that?
Well, I did pick up a little something for myself…

for those of you that REALLY know me, you’ll know that I have a bit of a soft spot for snow globes. Now I’m fully aware that they are completely useless and really a waste of space. But I’m just a sucker for a good snow globe. Now I’ve been hesitant to let too many people know about my secret love. mostly out of fear. Not fear of ridicule. But rather, fear of being cursed with horrid and ugly looking snow globes as gifts for the rest of my life. Mark my words. I do NOT want a snow globe for Christmas, for my birthday, for Valentine’s day, for father’s day (in the future) or for any other occasion!

Kudos to ethan for driving me to the airport on Wednesday morning.
Kudos and a big sloppy kiss on the cheek for jules for letting me crash at her place for the last 4 nights.

School has started up again.
I can honestly say that I am refreshed and ready to take on another block of readings, library sessions and endless PBL sessions.
I am looking forward to this block. only 7 weeks until my first mid-year exam and my WINTER break. I know, winter in june?!?!

OH!
something i forgot to mention.
on day 2 i hugged the REAL "free hugs" guy.
don't believe me? here's proof!

if you don't know who the "free hugs" guy is - how can you not know? the man has been on OPRAH for crying out loud!!! - watch the video or check out his site ( http://www.freehugscampaign.org/ ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

편안한 여행보다는 조금 고생스러운 여행이 더 오래 마음속에 남는것이고, 지금 그 시간이 너의 일생에 영원히 기억될 하나의 추억의 페이지가 되리라 생각된다. 돌아오는 겨울방학에도 좋은 추억거리를 만들수 있기를......

Anonymous said...

they had Free Hugs day at UofT last wednesday in front of SS.

I thought those ppls were crazy....

Espresso Adventures said...

Albert, your adventures make me want to go down under..........
glad that you got your R+R, I feel like I'm there with you, and enjoying those rays of sunshine. Keep up the posts.