Sunday, April 15, 2007

day 2.

After a good night’s sleep, I headed back up towards the quays.
This time I took a different route.
On my way up I went into the botanical gardens...


the state library...

the libray was quite impressive


it also has the only copy of darwin's ORIGIN OF SPECIES in its original binding, held in any public collection in australia.


pretty cool.

and then through hyde park...

hyde park is no where near the size of central park in new york but there are parts of hyde that remind me of central. Like this:

also, the whole concept of having so much green space so close to the heart of the city reminds me of new york.

i also came across this statue.
apparently it was put up in my honour.

look just behind my head. it reads: "albert the good". :D

i then made my way to this building called the queen victoria building.
it is a beautiful victorian style buidling that's been turned into a shopping centre.
i have never seen such a beautiful 'mall' in my life.
it's got great big winding stairs with stained-glass windows.


giant clocks


and just has this real victorian feel to it.




On Thursday night, I went to a john mayer concert.

Now I’ve never really been a huge fan of john mayer. Not that I disliked him but to me he was just another musician. But after a few days of listening to his CDs (in preparation for this concert of course), I must say that he’s really started to grow on me.
I had a really good time at the concert. it was john in his jeans and t-shirt and his guitar. no fancy costumes. no fancy video show. just him and his band. And after hearing him live, it almost makes me want to pick up my guitar again. I can just hear my mom and dad saying “I TOLD YOU SO!”


Look how happy Julie is.
She now has no regrets. She has let john know how she feels about him - she was one of many girls (and boys) to yell out “I love you john!” during his performance.
Now the ball is in john’s court (Julie is on a first name basis with john. And well, so am i).
Let me know how that works out for ya jules!

After the concert, we just kind of stumbled on the back door of the building. There were heaps of people with their cameras ready and their faces pressed against the fence.

They were obviously waiting for john.
First to walk out was Jessica. Well I was convinced that it was Jessica. And after having witnessed julie’s bravado, I decided to follow suit. i told Jessica that I loved her and asked her to marry me.
So it was all in all a good day for jules and i. we both got some important things off of our chest. we’ll just wait and see as to how john and Jessica want to play this.

BUT the next morning we were watching the morning news and turns out elle mcpherson is in Sydney promoting her new lingerie collection. In retrospect, I think it was elle and not Jessica at john’s concert. Oh well.

2 comments:

Jules said...

Hahaha... glad you had a good time in Sydney! You're quick with your posts. I love how you capitalized Jessica's name and then left John's name as john. :)

44darts said...

haha.
i swear it wasn't done intentionally!