Thursday, June 7, 2007

euphoria...

don't want to jinx myself but i feel like the exam went well.
We don’t get our marks back for another 4-6 weeks though. Bummer. All that I can really do at this point is enjoy my 3 week break. and THAT i plan on doing. i'm so happy. feels good to have that first one under my belt.

What am I going to do with my 3 weeks of sheer freedom? i actually feel like i don't know what to do with myself. i've spent the last several weeks studying ferociously. now without that constant need to study, i don't know where to go from here.

Well... there are a couple of non-med books that I’ve been itching to read. Philippe Legrain’s “Immigrants: Your Country Needs Them” and Douglas Coupland’s “Life After God” have been calling me from the edge of my desk begging to be read for the past couple of weeks.

I also need to find a new place to live for next term. To make a long story short, my current place requires that I sign another 6-month lease contract in the middle of July. That would take me into mid January. Since I don’t plan on being here for the months of November and December and ½ of January, I find it pointless to waste 2.5 months of rent.

Oh! And I almost forgot. I’m going to sail the seas! Haha! Some friends and I are heading up to Whitsundays during the last week of June. We’re going to rent a catamaran and sail around for about a week. I kid you not. I can’t wait!!

To kick things off we're going out for some steak tonight. STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!! to celebrate our first term of med school (we're one-eighth of the way there!) and celebrate our friend matt's birthday (which was yesterday).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being done~
I'm sure you did well.
Enjoy the seas pirate.

-Hannnnah

Anonymous said...

그동안 공부하느라 기운 다 빼앗겼으니 오늘 steak 많이 먹으면서, -술도 쬐끔하고-친구들과 즐거운 시간 갖어라. 공부하느라 생일상 못 받은 친구 생일도 많이 많이 축하해주고. 3주동안 완전한 자유 시간을 편안하게 마음껏 즐기기를 바란다. 어느덧 그곳 생활의 1/8 이 지났구나. 힘들었겠지만 잘 이겨낸 네가 대견하다. 오늘 눈물을 흘리며 씨를 뿌리는 자는 곧 기쁨으로 그단을 거두리로다고 하신 성경 말씀을 너에게 해주고 싶다.