A pearly white Nissan Tida.
And yes. The steering wheel was indeed on the right side!
And guess who drove… none other than yours truly! It was a little awkward at first but I got the hang of it quite quickly. sure I turned the windshield wipers on a few times instead of the signal and was extra cautious of losing my side-view mirrors, but I think I did alright. By the end of the day, the Toronto driver in me was out in full strength and honking at other drivers that couldn’t stay in their lane. Darn tourists!
We had a fantastic little time. the sun was shining and the water was so incredibly warm.
The beach we went to was called Mooloolaba (pronounced: moo-lu-lu-ba). Apparently it’s derived from the Aboriginal word ‘mulu’ which means snapper fish. We were also told that this particular beach has the highest rate of spinal injuries in all of queensland (? or was it all of australia?). And I could see why. The waves are so strong and the water is not terribly deep. Just perfect for the waves to pick you up and then slam you into the ground!
all along the beach there are these little wholes in the sand with balls of sand all over the place. anyone want to venture a guess as to what they are?
they're crab holes!

For lunch we had ice cream and timtams. Ah, the diet of champions.
(matt stuffing his face with timtams).
As the sun went down, we decided to take some pictures…
Back to work!
4 comments:
Wow! You look like you had a great time on Friday! Where was my invite!? :(
J/k (mostly).
I spent Friday studying. So put that in your loaf and chew on it.
hey!! looks like you lost some weight! (not that i've seen you with your shirt off before...) hahaha!
p.s. still waiting for news from cali.
I am reading kare's message...
Kare: he didn't lose any weight, he's still a fat a$$!
Al: Sorry sweetie, someone had to tell the truth...
Hey Alby, wow so you were the driver huh. Not bad, I guess it wasn't too much of a challenge that you couldn't handle. Wow nice to have a day off you lucky ones over there. The only holiday to look forward to Easter and even then have to be inside studying for final exams. Yeah! Enjoying the blog, gave me a break from reading scientific journals. Hope your well, you look like your having a great time.
Post a Comment