Monday, July 2, 2007

ninth day (29th of june)

it was the last day of the trip. Another early morning as we had to return the boat to abel point marina (2) by 10am.


After dealing with all the paperwork, we set our feet back on solid ground, took a nice warm shower and re-entered civilization. We shuttled it back to Proserpine and flew to Brisbane.

you can actually see shannen, meera and eric (far r→l).

some things that I forgot to mention:
1. we ate REALLY well on this trip. We took turns making dinner each night. We had seafood carbonara on one night, lamb chops with veggie kebabs and pasta on another night and curry with buffalo wings and calamari on yet another night. Everything was delish! I guess you could say that we all ate like kings. Or in the case of some people, perhaps more like pregnant women.


2. while we were snorkeling in butterfly bay, there were all these colourful fish. And when you snap underwater, they would swim towards you – why? Not sure. I guess they were just curious – so you’d have these schools of fish swimming all around you and some times would even bump into you!

3. I took a disposable underwater camera with me. i just hope some of the pictures turn out.

4. I didn’t really wrap up the story about our holding tank. When we radioed in our problem, they gave us 2 choices: (a) come back to the marina and they’ll unplug it for us or (b) one of us had to go under the boat to plunge one of the holes leading out of the septic tank. Karsten our crazy german took one for the team.

5. during our off day, i was reading with my feet in the water. when suddenly someone screamed out "look at that!"

it was an eel of some sort. i was so startled i almost pooed my pants.

The trip was a huge success. Everyone got along well enough and we all had a great time. I definitely want to get a sailboat some time down the road. Probably not a catamaran though. Sure they have more deck space but they’re bulky and don’t handle as well. Not to mention… there’s nothing like the feeling of a sailboat that’s keeled over to one side. I wish you guys could have seen some of the views and felt some of the waves…

shower count for the trip: 3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

짧은 겨울방학 동안에 영원히 잊혀지지않을 좋은 추억을 또하나 만들었구나. 좋은 친구들과 멋있는 배를 타고 이곳저곳 자연을 누비는 모습 사진을 통해 보다보니 내가 같이 있는것 처럼 느껴진다. 건강한 모습을 다시보니 반갑다.